A Man is a source of tremendous power and energy within its mind and body. The human mind & body are the channels of tremendous secrets powers carries in itself even the science still not able to decode this power. The psychic powers of mind is still a big secret for the science. The human brain is a gigantic network of 100 billion neurons which is much higher than the number in galaxies in the universe. This huge network of neurons contains the huge power within in which not all are being activated. Kundalini which is a goddess of power lies secret in the human being.T he energy flow in the energy channel(which is spinal cord) through the energy centers which are called Kundalini.
The Nadi System
As per the knowledge of Yoga, there are 350000 nadis that flow pranas to each and every cell of the human body in which 14 nadis are the principle one in these 14 also the 3 nadis which are the most important one in Yoga these are Ida, Pingala & Sushumna. The Ida Nadi is on the left side coiling around the Sushumna, it goes to the right nostril. The Pingala Nadi is on the right side; coiling around the central vessel, it enters the left nostril. The Nadi which is between Ida and Pingala is called Sushumna Nadi. It has six stages, six forces, 1 six lotuses
Two digits above the rectum and two digits below the linga (genital organ) is the adhara lotus, having a dimension of four digits. In it is the supreme goddess Kundalini of the form of electricity, in a coil. It has three coils and a half (like a serpent) and is in the mouth of Sushumna. It represents the creative force of the world and is always engaged in creation. It is the goddess of speech, whom speech cannot manifest, and who is praised by all gods.
The Chakras – Energy Centers of Kundalini Power
There are seven energy centers from where the force of Kundalini flows these centers are known as Chakras and generally defined or visualize as the petals of flower lotus.
These seven Chakras are:
1. Muladhara Chakra (Pelvic Plexus): This is chakra is a base chakra which is located at the two fingers above the rectum and two fingers below the genital(Linga), four fingers in width. Between this space is the yoni having its face towards the back; that space is called the root(Pelvic Plexus) there dwells the goddess Kundalini as a serpent. It surrounds all the nadis, and has three coils and a half; and catching its tail in its own mouth, it rests in the hole of the Sushumna Nadi.
2. Swadhisthan Chakra (Prostatic Plexus): This is a second chakra that situated at the base of the genital organ. It has six petals, Its stalk is called Swadhisthan, the color of the lotus is blood-red, its controlling adept is called Bala, and its goddess is Rakini.
3. Manipura Chakra (Solar Plexus): The third chakra, called Manipur, is situated near the navel; it is of golden color, having ten petals designated by the letters d, dh, n, t, th, d, dh, n, p, ph. Its presiding adept is called Rudra – the provider of all auspicious things and the presiding goddess of this place is called the most sacred Lakini.
4. Anahata Chakra (CardiacPlexus): In the heart situated the fourth chakra called Anahata. It has twelve petals designated by the letters k, kh, g, gh, n, ch, chh, j, jh, n, t, th. Its color is deep blood-red; it has the seed of Vayu, yam, and is a very pleasant spot. In this lotus is a flame called vanlinga; by observing on this, one gets objects of the seen and the unseen universe.
5. Vishuddha Chakra (Carotid Plexus): This is the fifth chakra situated in the throat, and is called the Vishuddha Chakra. Its color is like brilliant gold, and it is adorned with sixteen petals and is the seat of the vowel sounds (i.e., its sixteen petals are designated by the sixteen vowels – a, a, i, i, u, u, ri, ri, lri, lri, e, ai, o, au, am, ah.). Its presiding adept is called Chhagalanda, and its presiding goddess is called Sakini.
6. Ajha Chakra (Medula Plexus): This two-petalled Chakra, called the Ajha chakra, is situated between the two eyebrows, and has the letters h and ksh; its presiding adept is called Shukla Mahakala (the White Great Time); its presiding goddess is called Hakini.
7. Sahasrara Chakra: Sahasrara means “Thousand” This is the seventh chakra also called as the Thousand-Petalled lotus which is situated at the center of the head(cerebral gland) also known as Brahmarandhra. This is the ultimate center of spiritual and psychic energy.
Awaking the Power of Goddesses(Kundalini)
The goddess Kundalini in form of energy sleep in everyone body and lies there for a lifetime the only yogi can awaken this power and attain various psychic powers called Siddhis. These siddhis(powers) of yoga are mere a expression of the transformation.
Kundalini is the goddess of divine spiritual energy that resides at the base of our spinal cord as a serpent, surrounded by the two important nerves(Nadi) Ida & Pingla. Ida represents the moon characteristics & Pingla the Sun: as per the Yoga Science. Sushmana is the third nerve through which the kundalini rises from base to the top.
Kundalini awaking is a subtle process and also can be dangerous if not done in a guided way. Kundalini can be awakened by the following ways like
- Shaktipat: Spiritual transmission by a Guru or teacher.
- Bhakti Yoga: Complete surrender or devotion to God.
- Ashtanga Yoga: By creating Sanyam on various points in the body.
- Hatha Yoga: Various asanas in Hatha Yoga can awake the Kundalini.
Apart from these Yoga, there is other Yoga like Sahaj Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Kriya Yoga etc. can help to awaken the Kundalini power.
Sutras in Patanjali Yoga-Sutra explain about the Kundalini Yoga.
deshakalasankhyabhih paridrishto dirghasookshmah (2.50)
Its modifications are either external or internal, or
motionless, regulated by place, time, and number,
either long or short. This Pranayama results awakening the Kundalini. (Patanjali Yoga Sutra By Swami Vivekananda )
By controlling your vital breath(prana) on the places or points of bodies like energy centers (Kundalini) for a certain duration of time result Udghata( 12 matras), awakening the Kundalini power. (Shiva Samhita)
To awaken Kundalini need a patience, knowledge, deep concentration and practice. The Kundalini has transformational power to transform concsiousness to the superconcsiousness.